Friday, January 8, 2010

I Have a Blog!

Alright, I finally broke down and did it- now I have a blog. Not so sure how this will go, but even if my Mom is the only one to read it,at least I now have a cyber-identity that is not defined by Facebook. Instead I'd like to define myself with food.

I've started this blog because I love to eat. I LOVE TO EAT. I'm assuming I'm not alone here, so I'm hoping I find an audience, (Hi Mom!). Not only do I love to eat, but I love to grow food. Over the past decade I've been able to work the earth in various ways, from being employed at a small organic farm, growing vegetables on my deck in Chicago, to working edibles into the small backyard of a San Francisco apartment, to starting a kitchen garden from scratch on Cape Cod.

This blog will hopefully become an avenue for me share the myriad ways that I enjoy food, from starting seeds in winter while living off imported produce, to enjoying the glut that summer and fall can provide. I hope in some small way to add to the dialogue about food and agriculture as we know it today. I'd love to hear from you too. But first, let's eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment